Moral morning and welcome to Fox News First.Right here is what you want to know as you start your day …
Fox News Piquant: Pence tells ‘Hannity’ danger of coronavirus spread in US ‘remains low’ thanks to Trump’s ‘decisive action’
Vice President Mike Pence told Fox News’ Sean Hannity in an odd interview Thursday that “the danger of the spread of coronavirus in the United States of America remains low” and credited what he called “decisive action” by President Trump earlier this year.
“We continue to prepare for whatever may approach, nonetheless the reality is that because of the actions that President Trump took … literally, you realize, ending travel, closing our borders to other folks coming in from China, establishing a quarantine path of, setting up a task pressure,” Pence said. “I mean if the president hadn’t taken these unprecedented steps we’d be in a very assorted place today, Sean.”
At a news convention Wednesday, Trump announced that Pence was in charge of coordinating the federal authorities’s response to the outbreak, nearly one month after Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar declared the coronavirus to be a public health emergency.
“When we first acquired notice of the outbreak of the coronavirus quickly after the primary of the year, the health team came in,” Pence recounted. “I was there in the Oval Workplace, and they said to the president, ‘Learn about … what we ought to attain is, we ought to stop air travel, we ought to close our border and we ought to establish a quarantining path of for any American residents that we allow back in.’
“And they said, ‘No president has ever done this earlier than, nonetheless we’re recommending out of an abundance of caution that you attain it.’ And President Trump didn’t hesitate for one 2d. He said, ‘Carry out it.’ … Our health specialists told me again yesterday after we huddled factual after that [Wednesday] press briefing for the primary time — they said we is perhaps in a very assorted place today if President Trump hadn’t taken the decisive action that we had.
“And today, we haven’t had a contemporary case for the last two weeks till the notice that reached the general public in the last 24 hours,” Pence added. “We’ve had 15 cases in this country. Folks are being treated and — and doing smartly.”
Pence also said the White Home is hopeful that Republicans and Democrats will put politics aside to deal with the outbreak.Click on right here for extra on our top story.
Various developments in the coronavirus outbreak:
– Whistleblower says HHS despatched staff to handle attainable coronavirus patients with out gear, training
– Canine tests ‘weak determined’ for coronavirus in Hong Kong, first attainable infection in pet
– Stock futures continue correction plunge
– Did Dean Koontz new predict coronavirus? | Chunky coverage
Joe Biden beneath probe in Ukraine for alleged link to top prosecutor’s 2016 ouster: narrative
Investigators in Ukraine have launched a probe into frail U.S. Vice President Joe Biden over allegations that he pressured Ukrainian officials to hearth the country’s top prosecutor in 2016, according to a narrative.
The Ukrainian probe was launched in response to a courtroom show, after the ousted prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, made an appeal for action in the matter, Shokin’s attorney, Oleksandr Teleshetsky, told The Washington Submit.
“They need to investigate this. They have no assorted alternative,” Teleshetsky told the Submit. “They are required to attain this by the decision of the courtroom. If they beget no longer, then they violate a total string of procedural norms.”
Ukraine’s State Bureau of Investigations confirmed a probe was underway, the Submit reported.Click on right here for extra.
Various developments in the 2020 presidential campaign:
– Iowa Dems finally release reveal numbers after a couple of requests
– Klobuchar, at Fox News town hall, dings Trump on coronavirus, rips payment of Sanders’ proposals
– Bloomberg pressures Sanders to release elephantine medical data
LA deputies shared graphic photos of Kobe Bryant crash scene, contemporary narrative says
Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies shared graphic images of the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-conventional daughter Gigi and seven others, The Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.
Two days after the Jan. 26 crash, first responders have been talking about how images of victims’ remains and the particles topic have been being shared, a source told the newspaper. The source said they saw one among the photos on the phone of another official in a setting that had nothing to attain with the investigation.
It’s no longer clear if deputies actually snapped the images at the scene or acquired them from someone else. It’s also unclear how widely the photos have been shared or who exactly was involved.– The Unusual York Submit.Click on right here for extra.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
‘FBI Lovebirds’ Strzok-Page performance brings down the house at CPAC.
Tyler Perry orders 2d autopsy for nephew that died in prison.
Blast similar to ‘grand bang’ detected far, far away, see says.
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS
Coronavirus to close Tokyo Disneyland via mid-March.
South Carolina utility sued over billions in ‘nuclear fraud’: Securities officials.
Walmart developing Amazon High competitor, Walmart+.
#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
SOME PARTING WORDS
Sean Hannity accuses Democrats of “weaponizing” coronavirus to rating “cheap, ghastly” political points against President Trump.