Published 4: 15 p.m. ET March 22, 2020 |Updated 4: 38 p.m. ET March 22, 2020
A man has died in Washtenaw County as a consequence of the coronavirus, bringing Michigan’s death toll to nine.
The patient, described easiest as an “aged, adult male with underlying health prerequisites,” was hospitalized Saturday and died Sunday at Michigan Medicine in Ann Arbor, according to the Washtenaw County Health Department. His death is the primary atttributed to COVID-19 in the county.
“While we know there are no words that can reduce this family’s pain and our community’s loss and fears, his death is an pressing reminder to all of us,” Washtenaw County Health Officer Jimena Loveluck said in a information release. “We must act now and act together to shield all individuals’s health to the greatest level that you can think of.”
As of Sunday afternoon, there have been 1,035 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Michigan, according to figures released by the state.
Extra:Metro Detroit family with coronavirus speaks out: ‘It be unlike anything. Stay home.’
Extra:Michigan now has more than 1,000 coronavirus cases, with more than 300 in Detroit
The beforehand reported deaths in Michigan include:
- A 52-year-veteran Macomb County man with underlying health prerequisites who died Saturday at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital.
- A 71-year-veteran man with underlying health issues who died Saturday at a Spectrum Health hospital in Kent County.
- A Detroit woman in her 90s who died Friday, according to the Detroit Health Department. No diversified details of her death have been released.
- An Oakland County woman in her 90s who died Saturday at Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield and had underlying health prerequisites.
- A 50-year-veteran Oakland County man with underlying health prerequisites who died Friday, the Oakland County Health Division reported. It did now not release additional details about the man.
- An 81-year-veteran Detroit woman with underlying health prerequisites who died Thursday at Henry Ford Health System’s hospital in Detroit.
- A Detroit woman in her 50s, with underlying health prerequisites, who died at McLaren Oakland Hospital on Thursday.
- A Southgate man in his 50s, with underlying health prerequisites, who died early Wednesday at a Beaumont Hospital in Wayne County, the state’s first death from the virus.
Angie Jackson covers the challenges of beforehand incarcerated electorate as a corps member with File for America, an initiative of The GroundTruth Mission, with beef up from the Hudson-Webber Foundation. Click right here to beef up her work.Contact Angie: email@example.com; 313-222-1850. Practice her on Twitter: @AngieJackson23
Read or Share this story: https://www.freep.com/story/information/local/michigan/2020/03/22/man-dies-coronavirus-washtenaw-county-michigan-9-deaths/2893984001/