Santa Clara County, which includes cities love Cupertino, Palo Alto, Mountain View, and San Jose, today issued new health guidelines (viaThe Verge) recommending that companies minimize or cancel “large in-person meetings and conferences.”
The updated guidance comes as six new COVID-19 cases have been found today, which means there are now at least 20 of us in the county with identified coronavirus infections.
Santa Clara County is hoping to decrease the spread of the virus in the Bay Area, and in addition to recommending against in-person conferences, has supplied additional guidelines for employers:
- Slump nonessential worker travel.
- Minimize the alternative of staff working within arm’s length of 1 another, including minimizing or canceling large in-person meetings and conferences.
- Bound staff to stay dwelling after they are ill and maximize flexibility in ill leave advantages.
- No longer require a doctor’s explain for staff that are ill as healthcare workplaces may be very busy and unable to present that documentation fair away.
- Take explain of exhaust of telecommuting alternate suggestions for appropriate staff.
- Take explain of staggering start and finish instances to decrease large numbers of of us coming together at the same time.
Whereas Santa Clara County recommends postponing or canceling mass gatherings and large neighborhood events, it says if there isn’t any longer any risk to cancel, extra steps may aloof be followed such as providing extra physical space, encouraging ill of us no longer to attend, frequent hand washing, and avoiding discontinuance contact with others.
Google and Facebook have already canceled annual developer events that have been predicament to be held in Santa Clara County, with Facebook canceling F8 last week and Google canceling I/O earlier this week.
Santa Clara County has no order dates included in its recommendations, and Apple has no longer but made any announcements about WWDC, which is typically held in June at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California.
Apple may aloof have some time sooner than it makes a resolution about whether or no longer to cancel WWDC this year because of the coronavirus, but with the county’s recommendation and the fact that Google and Facebook have each canceled events, Apple may recall no longer to maintain WWDC.
There have been also rumors suggesting Apple would maintain an tournament in March to announce new products love a low-cost iPhone, AirTags, and updated iPad Professional models, but that looks no longer going to happen at this point. Apple may maintain an online solely tournament or merely debut new products via press release.