Signs and Symptoms of Depression
We all know that Depression comes from stress, but what does it really mean? Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. So, what are the symptoms of Depression? Have you ever feel sad? lonely? or stressed at times it only means that you have depression. So, here are the the following Signs and Symptoms you don’t recognize that you have.
1. Feeling sad or having a depressed mood.
2. Fatigue and decrease energy
3. Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
4. Lack of Interest
5. Insomia, early-morning wakefulness, Too much sleep
6. Dificulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions.
7. Overeating or appetite loss
8. Attempting of doing suicide.
Symptoms must last for two weeks to diagnose depression. Depression affects an estimated one in 15 adults (6.7%) in any given year. And one in six people (16.6%) will experience depression at some time in their life
Warning signs of Suicide include:
1. A sudden switch from being very sad to being very calm.
2. Thinking about death.
3. Saying uncomfortable things like “It would be better if i die”
4. Talking about suicide.
5. Losing interest in things one used to care about.
6. Putting affairs in order, tying up loose ends, changing a will.
Remember, if you know anyone who have the following signs and symptoms, try to call a mental health professional right away for you to save precious lives.